Stress free Delivery & Pickup Options
Dow Furniture is committed to providing you the best service during pickup or delivery of your purchases. We are committed to ensuring the safety and health of our customers and drivers, so we offer the following options:
- In-Home White Glove Delivery
- Dow Furniture prides itself on having one of the best delivery crews in the state of Maine serving customers all over the state.
- We offer full service delivery that includes local in-home white glove delivery, setup and removal.
- This service is available for FREE on many of our items in-store and on special orders.
- Dow's Discount products are all marked at Bring Your Own Truck (BYOT) prices, but local delivery is available for a fee of $75.
- Local delivery is generally considered within a 35-mile driving distance from Dow Furniture and Dow's Discount (Delivering via ferry to the islands is unavailable. We can, however, deliver to Bunkers for Vinalhaven or to any given ferry terminal).
- We certainly have customers that we deliver to beyond the 35-mile driving distance, there would just be a delivery fee calculated based upon the overall driving distance. Please call, text or email our store for more information about delivery possibilities beyond our local area.
- If you need a piece of furniture or a mattress removed that you are replacing with a Dow Furniture product, there is just a $35 removal fee per item.
- Contactless Curbside Delivery
- If you feel most comfortable with us not providing In-Home White Glove Delivery, we offer Contactless Curbside Delivery. Our drivers will deliver your product to the location you specify outside your home such as in a garage, covered porch, front entryway, front door. Due to the elements please specify where to put it so your product is protected.
- Store Pickup
- Store Pickup is available at both Dow Furniture and Dow's Discount located at 280 Atlantic Highway, Waldoboro Maine and 299 Atlantic Highway, Waldoboro, Maine respectively. We can help you load your product into your vehicle so that it can safely be transported home. Store Pickup is available Monday thru Saturday 9am-5pm.
Delivery & Pickup Scheduling and Preparation
- Delivery Scheduling and Preparation
- When you are making your purchase at Dow Furniture or Dow's Discount your salesperson can usually help schedule your delivery day right then. If they are unable to do that at that time, our delivery team will be in touch with you to schedule your delivery day (we have specific days scheduled for deliveries to various regions of the state). At your time of purchase, please let your salesperson know if there will be any removals. We won't know the exact time of your delivery until the day before your scheduled delivery day. We will give you a call the day before your delivery day with a 2-hour time frame for when we are planning on arriving. All delivery times are estimates and are subject to change. Additional delivery fees will be charged for customers that are not home at the time of their scheduled delivery (unless planned for with our delivery team).
- While it is our goal to be as accommodating as possible, Dow Furniture reserves the right to refuse to move or rearrange existing furniture in your home. Please notify Dow Furniture in advance if any items need to be moved. Please make sure your room is ready to receive the merchandise and that all pathways are clear. Dow Furniture reserves the right to refuse to do "difficult" deliveries that may include removing windows, climbing ladders, or other situations that may cause injury, property damage, or merchandise damage. Dow Furniture also reserves the right to refuse to remove unsanitary products as a part of a "removal" from a home at the discretion of the delivery driver. Please notify Dow Furniture in advance if your driveway will not accommodate a large delivery truck.
- Pickup Scheduling and Preparation
- Please notify Dow Furniture or Dow's Discount of when you will be picking up your merchandise in order that we can have it prepared and reduce time to load in your vehicle. If we are not notified, there may be an extended wait due to our crew having to disassemble or assemble merchandise for pickup.
- Please note that picking up furniture or mattresses is not for everyone. Before deciding to Pick up your merchandise, please read the following information carefully and make sure you agree to the following:
Can't Drive 55mph
Customers will drive slowly on their way home. Even heavy items can shift or be blown from a vehicle.
Customers understand that Dow Furniture cannot assume any responsibility should the customer cause any damage or injury from improper handling and transportation of goods. This has no bearing on normal warranty terms and conditions).
Customers will provide an appropriate vehicle to transport merchandise safely. Customers are aware that Dow Furniture does not recommend or approve of loading merchandise on roofs or roof racks.
Do Tie it Down
Customers understand that it is their responsibility to make sure items are properly secured to their vehicle.
Please Note the following:
Most furniture can require considerable preparation before use. Normal preparation includes unpacking, cleaning, polishing, touching up nicks and abrasions, leveling doors and drawers, and assembly. Due to the nature of wood and fabric, damage can occur if not properly handled.
Customers acknowledge that they have read and understand the procedures of picking up their purchase. They also understand that all pickups are at the customer's own risk.
Customers understand that if they pick up merchandise, it will not go through Dow Furniture's delivery preparation procedure, and therefore customers are willing to accept that the piece(s) may have minor abrasions and scuffs and customers will need to make necessary adjustments.